RH Group is now certificated for the Global Recycle Standard (GRS) Certificate, an international, voluntary, full product standard that sets requirements for third-party certification of recycled content, chain of custody, social and environmental practices and chemical restrictions.
The goal of the GRS is to …
- Increase the use of Recycled materials in products and reduce/eliminate the harm caused by its production to people and the environment.
The objectives of the GRS are to …
- Define requirements to ensure accurate content claims for consumers by establishing more transparency in the supply chain.
- Provide assurance that materials in the final product are actually recycled and processed more sustainably.
- Ensure good working conditions.
- Harmful environmental and chemical impacts are minimized, including companies involved in ginning, spinning, weaving and knitting, dyeing and printing and stitching in more than 50 countries.
- Encourage innovation in the use of reclaimed materials.